Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy Scrappers (Month 1)

I joined a new group at a local quilt store Ready To Sew Bernina-Cedar Park and the group has a bunch of lively ladies in there and I think it will be a great group.  Our leader is making us work the next 6 months on a nice size quilt and she is also giving us mini projects to complete each month as well.  We are going to receive points for projects that we complete (total completion=quilting and binding, OH NO).  The major prize for the most points is that your membership is paid for the next 6 month session.  I like that idea.  I have completed (well still have to add a button and hook) the first project that will be due next month.  It is a planner cover.  The cover was supposed to be a test run because I wanted to make one bigger than the pattern called for, so I used whatever I had in my stash to make it.  I kind of like it (but my original fabric is still calling me, ha ha).


Pictures above are prior to the green binding being added.





We are making the quilt on the front of the Sew Scrappy Magazine, Volume One, 2010 Issue, Quilts for Fabric Lovers, Better Homes and Gardens Creative Collection.  It is called Tumblers Aplenty.  I am going through my stash now to see what I can use and I am thinking that I will be making my blocks at 4.5 instead of the 3.5 size the pattern calls for (just to make a crib/wall size you need 378 tumblers, to make a full/queen you need 1,110 tumblers (WOW).



Also, instead of making a plastic template, I will be using one of my Christmas presents that my hubby got for me. It is the Easy Dresden template.



In this scrappers group you learn all kinds of tips and tricks for making your quilts.  One lady bought dollhouse wood and made her template, others used various other dresden templates as well as template plastic, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails