Thursday, May 12, 2011

Flower Beds and Plants

I am happy to see a lot of my plants survived the cold winter we had (however, I still lost a lot).

Gardenia plant is trying to come back.

Not sure what this plant is???

Elephant Ears are starting to return.

Blackfoot Shasta Daisy is showing up for the summer.  They looked a lot better last year.

The cactus that I got through freecycle last year is starting to flower.  I moved it from a shaded spot to an area that would get way more sun.

Tulip, I realize that this area is not right for the tulips, so if it does not survive, I will be planting new bulbs elsewhere.




3 photos above-Hollyhock.  I have had this plant for about 3 years now and it is the first year that it has flowered.  Last year I realized that squash bugs (or similar bugs) were taking it over and I also lost 2 other good size plants to rust.

The Agapanthus is coming back.  Last year and the year before around this time they would have already flowered.  At least the bulbs are still viable.



2 photos above-Earth Kind Roses

Very proud of our work.  We moved the BBQ pit from the patio to out in the yard.  Now have to get another propane tank and clean the grill so that I can use it again.

Hydrangea, I have never done well with these growing in my yard, so I am going to grow in in the house and take cuttings from it to try again.

Peace Lilly, I had lots of these last year, but an infestation of fruit flies had me clear out all my plants.  No matter what I did, I could not get rid of them.  OVER WATERING was the enemy.

I received this plant (although it was a tiny cutting) from a propagation class last year.  It is doing quite well.

Money Tree (Pachira Aquatica)-Picked this up at IKEA last month and I really like the plant.  I have to research care for it.

Dragon Tree (Dracaena Marginata)-Picked this up also at IKEA last month.  I lost my others due to the infestation of fruit flies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails