Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Teach Yourself to Sew- Sewing for Beginners Video Series: Tips, Techniques, Projects and More

I came across this online sewing series a few weeks ago and recently sat down and watched all the videos.  I found the information very informative and some of the stuff I did not know about, but mostly it helped me to visually see it being done.  I thought this would be something that a beginner sewer would enjoy.  Sometimes hearing/sewing it rather than reading it helps you to understand something new.  I hope this video series is helpful to you and peeks your interest or if you are already interested....keeps you wanting to know more and more.  I have heard many times since learning to sew that sewing in general is a dying art.  Many people have others do it or they throw the item away and buy a new one.  I have heard that Home Economics was taught in school and sewing as well as cooking was included in that class.  I know my daughter's school does not offer it so it is left to me to teach her this, even if it is just to sew on a button or hem an item.
Teach Yourself to Sew -- Sewing for Beginners Video Series: Tips, Techniques, Projects and More

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails