Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Garden-I Think I Know Why...

My cucumbers are looking crazy everyday. What I mean by this is....when I get home the stems/leaves are laying on the ground. I give them water in the morning and in the afternoon and they perk up.

First--I thought I have it a real terracotta pot and maybe the hot sun is drying out the soil and depleting the plant of moisture.
Second--So I put in one of those water globes. Same thing.
Third--So I ADDED a water bottle with pin prick holes (I double checked to make sure that it was letting water out slowly). Same thing.
Fourth--I moved it from its location (the patio) thinking it was extra hot there, out into the yard, next to the other plants. Same thing.
Fifth--I put the terracotta planter inside of another plastic planter with a little soil (hoping this would keep in the moisture. Same thing. ARGGHHHHHH
Sixth--Realized that when I first planted the seeds (I AM NEW TO THIS) that I planted way to many (almost the whole package), so there may be about 5 or 6 cucumber plants in one small pot, fighting for all the water, nutrients, etc. Soooooooo

This weekend I will start again and this time I hope/pray that it will work. I was so looking forward to cucumbers by now.

Now to figure out why I have no tomatoes in my tomato hanging planter after 2 1/2 months.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails