Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Flowers-Can You Recognize These Flowers? (UPDATED)

I have had some of these for quite a while so the tags have since disappeared or got covered up by dirt or mulch and can't be located. If you could help me rediscover what they are it will help me a whole lot. Thanks.


This flower produced a real pretty spindly orange bloom, nothing since then. However I think it may still produce as I still see 3 heads on the plant.


This plant reminds me of a cabbage. I can't remember what type of flower it produces, if one at all.


This one kind of reminds me of a bromeliad, but could be wrong.


Hope you can help with some of these.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia,
    I can help with a few of the ID's. I don't know the first one although I'd definitely say it's some type of lily (not a daylily though as they look like a grass bunch when not blooming). The second one is some type of Sedum telephium. One of the more common ones is Autumn Joy sedum, so it may be that one (it blooms in the fall). The last one reminds me of a ponytail palm although it's a little hard to tell from the photo. I remember having one of those as a house plant back in my houseplant craze days in the 70's! :-) Looks like in your previous post you got all the other ones identified.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in total agreement with Cynthia on all three. The lily only blooms once in the season, though (mine are just about to start). You can cut the bloom stem off, but don't cut back the rest of the plant. The plant feeds the bulb for next year. If yours are like mine they'll multiply every year.

    (you have so many pretty plants)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails