Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Totally Perplexed

I planted my tomato plant in early March and to date I have no tomatoes, just a few piddly flowers. I used organic miracle grow with food in it. I was also fertilizing the plant when I was fertilized my other plants and I have tons of vines and leaves. I read this past week that you are not to fertilize until you have tomatoes on the plant, then you feed on a regular schedule. I am wondering if my extra fertilizing made it produce a lot of vines and leaves and maybe now I will get tomatoes. I just don't know what I did wrong.

When I first tried to grow tomatoes about a year or so ago, I did them in pots and they did not survive. So I thought doing them this "new way" that I would have a better chance. If you have any information, that would be great.

3 comments:

  1. No good answers here. We have the green little tomato that was on our plan when we got it & some new leaves, but our sprinkler appears to be killing the plants otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to continue waiting and unless the plant dies, I will continue to water it. I bought a couple more different tomato plants this weekend and one yesterday to see if they will work (they have more buds on them then the original plant I have). I have them in different locations in the garden. We will see. Good luck to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome. I am really finding a lot of blogs (never knew what a blog was until a few months ago) and everyone provides such helpful information and the photos really help exlain things. Thanks for the information. I bought some organic tomoato food and I will be waiting to feed it with that once I start to see tomatoes. I sure have discovered that some vegetables can be picky (ha ha). Hopefully with the 5 different tomatoe plants I have now I can see which works better and then once they produce tomatoes how they are after that. I am sure learning. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails