Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Singer Confidence Quilter 7469Q

I purchased this sewing machine back in October, 2010 and I recently did a quick review on the Singer site.  Here is what I wrote about the sewing machine:

Upscale Beginner Machine

Pros: Good Value, Great Features, Easy to Use

Cons: manual missing information

I have had the machine for 3 months now. I have tried out about 90% of all the features. I like the machine so far. It is not as quiet as I thought that it would be, but I think that it is a good machine overall. PROS-I love all the extra feet and the extension bed, that gave it the extra scoring points with me. I really like the digital selection buttons. I also like the button for needle up/down and the twin needle function. This is truly a plus. CONS-What really hit a sour note with me was that the manual is for the 7469 and does not touch on the 7469Q features. So you have to figure it out on your own. I think with a better made manual the sewing machine would be that much better. Also, the drop/raise feed dog is located at the back of the machine. Not sure why this mechanism could not have been put on the front or even the right side of the machine.
Also, need to note that this is not a quiet machine (sometimes I have to turn up the TV or music that I am listening to because of the machine).  I am not sure if the noise is normal or maybe the more expensive machines are a lot quieter.  However, I am used to it now.

The only other thing that I wish this machine had was a speed regulator.  Since I am learning to free motion quilt, I wish I could set it to a medium speed to practice.  This will be something that I will want if I get another machine.
 


Here is a sampling of some of the stitches on the sewing machine.




I had to add a name next to the length and stitch selector as I always got them confused.
  




4 comments:

  1. I just got this same machine in November and I have to say that your review is right on. I HATE the location of the feed dog lift and wish it was in a more convenient place. Pretty much anywhere except where it is would be easier to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz. I just wish the producers of products we buy would actully use the item to know what will work. I am sure it could have been placed somewhere else towards the front. It also makes it hard to raise or lower them with the extension table on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this same machine almost a year ago and pretty much love it, but like you, wish they had a better manual for it. I am still trying to figure out the free-motion foot, my stippling stitches are coming out way too long and I can't get a nice curve to them, they look more like angles. The motion seems very jerky. Not sure if I have it set up wrong or if I just need more practice or if it's just the machine. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just purchased this machine a week ago and I'm happy with it so far. I sewed all weekend! I agree with your review, though, especially the part about the feed dog lift. It was better placed on my old machine!
    I'm curious as to how you feel about your machine a year later. Are you still happy with it? Have you learned any tricks that might help a new user like me? I still haven't managed to thread the needle with the hand-dandy needle threader, but I admit I quit trying after failing just a few times. I can thread the needle myself and wanted to sew!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails