Sunday, January 2, 2011

Layer Cake Quilt Along (Alabama Spinner Block)

I just completed putting together block 1 by Gene Black through the Layer Cake Quilt Along.  I am using various fat quarters to make mine as I am not finding layer cakes in town that fit what I want (the quilt stores don't sell a lot of different layer cakes or at least when I get there the pickings are slim).  There is still time to join the group.  I am going to start on block 2 today as the group is already on block 5 and the patterns are still up for those who want to make them..  The cool thing is if you meet the picture posting deadline you are enter to win prizes each month.  What an incentive.... plus you get a nice quilt in the end with a little work.  The quilt will be 64X80.  This will be a nice since cuddle quilt.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails