Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Signature Block Swap

I have just signed up to participate in the Signature Block Swap, through quiltingimaginations through a YAHOO group.  This will be my first quilting type swap (looking forward to it).

This swap will entail using earth-tone fabrics and signing and dating your 3 1/2 inch blocks on the front.  Imagine how this quilt will look once put together.  You will have a quilt that was made from quilters all over the world.  If you would like to participate, please go to quiltingimaginations and join the group, then select the "Files" link (left side of page) and sign up.  The deadline to sign up is January 15th, with a mail out deadline of April 30th.  This seems like it will be a fun swap and the block construction is quite easy (seems like you can whip them out fairly quickly) the more people that join the more interesting it will be.

I already have an idea of how I will do my blocks.  I will put all the signed blocks in the middle and surround them with unsigned blocks then maybe an inner border of a light color then and outer border of a darker color.  Not sure yet, but my first idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails