Friday, May 14, 2010

Ladybugs-How to Attract And Keep Them

This is a video that I came across while watching the Central Texas Gardener.  Trisha Shirey discusses the life of the ladybug, especially the larvae stage and how aphids play a part in the feeding of ladybugs.  I found this very interesting because I have seen eggs like this before and thought it was something else, so I removed them (losing some very beneficial bugs that my garden needed).  I know this is the time of the year that these bugs are very active.  Thought you may enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating. I just moved some ladybug pupae from one of my tiny urban gardens into another. The garden at my new house is over run with aphids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa and Robb, did the lady bugs help with the aphid problem, or is it to early to tell right now? I wonder when you introduce the pupae to your area does it take time for them to acclimate or do they just take off eating right away.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails