Thursday, April 15, 2010

Things Lost Due to Whatever...

Here are few things that I lost either due to weather or my inexperience with gardening. I started really being into gardening the past summer, which we had an excessive number of days of over 100 degree temperatures and we had a strangely cold winter with several freezes and then snow.

Ponytail Palm

O'Leander (had 3 of them in separate pots, since they were overgrown in this spot)

Plumbago (turns out this is an annual, not sure I would have been able to save it by bringing it indoors or not)


Palmetto Palm (this was given to me while volunteering at a local garden)









Coleous (I did not do enough research on this to know that it was an annual and I should have saved a piece of it to replant this year, this was given to me while volunteering at a local garden)

Mexican Buckeye (this was given to me while volunteering at a local garden)


Drummond's Wild Petunia (this was given to me while volunteering at a local garden)










Meyer lemon plants that a  neighbor of mine took from his lemon tree that he has had for over 10 years.


I hope to eventually replace some of these plants and figure out how to keep them growing in my space.  They were all pretty cool plants.

2 comments:

  1. it always makes me sad to lose a plant. :(

    but, as they say, to make an omelet, you've got to break some eggs, right?!

    thanks for the question/comment on my blog.

    i've posted a response here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I read the information. That really does help. I will start off small and test it out. We do have some feral cats in my neighborhood and they already try to use a bed under my tree as their litter box. I have put down moth balls and that seems to help, so I will watch out for this. I just did not want to invite rats, etc. if I could help it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails