Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tumblers Aplenty Quilt

I have made considerable progress on the tumblers quilt for my Happy Scrappers Club.  This is a major undertaking for me at the least.  It requires working with a template and cutting out lots and lots and oh did I say lots of tumblers.  I decided to go through all of my scraps and cut them into the tumblers rather than going with any one particular fabric line.  This way I can use up a lot of my excess fabric that I would not use in other quilts.  I first talked about this quilt  last month here.  I actually did not start cutting out my tumblers until Friday (when we had a snow day) the day before the 2nd meeting (this quilt has to be completed be completed before the end of the 6 month session.  I got most of them cut out and sewn into a few strips.  My plan is to finish the major part of the quilt by next weekend and then sew borders around the strips to enlarge it, but for sure to have the quilt done by the next meeting March 5th.  Here are photos of my progress.

These are the 16 individual strips done so far.
These are a few strips sewing into groups of 2's.
 According to my calculations once all 16 strips are sewed together it will measure 64X63.  Not sure how large I will make the borders.  This quilt is planned to be a TV cuddle quilt.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails