Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mexican Mint Marigold (Texas Tarragon)

Tarragon
Last year I had to find Tarragon in the store to make a chicken salad recipe that I tasted at a Bunco meeting (it was amazing and the Tarragon is what set off the whole dish).  The cost of fresh herbs in the store is crazy.  So I found some and of course they only sold by 6 packs (crazy me did not read the planting directions and I planted them close together).  Now they have truly grown.  By the time I realized they were going to get so big, I could not find the tag to name it and determine what I needed to do with it for the winter.  I happen to come across a recently found friend on Facebook and there she had a photo of what looked like my plant and then the light bulb went off.  That's what that was and then I remember why I loved it so much.  The smell is truly awesome.  If your ever needing any and it survies the winter, your more than welcome to have some.  HA HA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails