Saturday, December 5, 2009

Graduation



I went to my graduation potluck for Citizen Garden on Thursday. I completed the course with over 26 hours of volunteer time. The event was very nice and we all brought recipes fixed with things from our garden or local farmers market. I am proud of myself and very glad that I took the course. I learned so much, but most of all the people I have met through volunteering has formed relationships to last. I recommend to everyone to at least try gardening, but above all give back to your community and I am sure if there is nothing in your community, there is one that could use your time.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a potluck of things grown in your own garden or a local farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food was amazing. I tried some things that I probably would not have tried before. I like to think that once you garden you become open to new foods, trying new things and above all learn to experiment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails