Monday, October 19, 2009

Paper Piecing

I created my first paper piece item. I am so proud of myself (so that I have waited this long to post :). I took a class at Honey Bee Quilt Store in Austin and the teacher Jennifer Ofenstein/blog is truly amazing (you should see her Harry Potter piecing). She broke down the process so that I could understand and she was always checking on us to make sure we were not lost. I learned so much in just the one class, see first project made below:





I created these right after the class and I am really getting the hang of it.











Paper piecing is really not as scary as I thought and I will continue to add elements of it in my sewing/quilting. Thanks Jennifer & Honey Bee.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I love paper-piecing and your blocks look superberb! I'm currently doing an entire paper-pieced pineapple quilt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails