Monday, October 26, 2009

I just had to laugh...

This weekend while cleaning up around the garden bed and compost bin, what did I find? Well it seems that I may have dropped some seeds while putting my bolted basil plants into my overflow compost bin because on the ground, I had sweet basil growing among the weeds. I just burst out laughing. The reason I laughed is that no matter what, if it wants to grow, it will grow. Also, it was not like I was trying to grow it, the rains that we have had made it great for the plant to survive.


Has this ever happened to you?

1 comment:

  1. You can pretty much guarantee with some seeds that if you plant them carefully, they won't grow, but they will grow where you don't want them. This year I had several good chard plants grow in a bed where I planted seed two years ago and it didn't do so well. I planted chamomile in the herb bed and it all failed, but several plants which seeded themselves last year did very well. That's gardening, you have to go with it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails