Monday, June 8, 2009

My Garden-I HAVE BEEN ATTACKED!!!!!

I just so happen to find 3 Tomato Horn Worms on my tomato plant. I also found some droppings in my pepper plant and was wondering what bird did that. After research and the discover this morning, I now know who the culprit was. I was so disgusted, I had to call my husband to come and help me (or should I say take care of them because I was not touching them even with a stick). I already read those suckers are hard to pull off, because they hold on for dear life and try to bite back. I thought my husband was just joking with me when he said the thing was trying to bite through the glove.

I know you say, you better develop some thick skin because this is nothing. Oh my gosh, I am still reliving the moment when I discovered the bug. GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Earlysnowdrop has a video on her blog of the crazy looking worm http://earlysnowdrop.blogspot.com

Also here is another website I found http://www.gardengrapevine.com/TomatoWorm.html

1 comment:

  1. Yep, those hornworms are kinda gross. But the good thing is, all you need to do is pull them off. No harmful sprays needed. The trick is finding them in time before they eat your whole plant. My toms don't have them (yet anyway, but I'm always on the lookout). I guess it's just one of those things you have to deal with when gardening!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails