Monday, March 11, 2013

What I'm Growing

As promised in previous post, here are the photos of my plants from seed and those that I did not have seeds for (better yet my compulsion to buy starts).

Seedlings Before (store bought Swiss Chard in the lower right)
Store bought starts

The after....It is a lot, but believe it or not, this year I am cutting back what is going into the garden (unless I come across something that I can't resist, WINK WINK).


Store bought plants



As of yesterday I transplated all the tomaot plants that were moved to the 9 oz cups to 16 oz cups.  I hope to put everything in the ground next month when hope of all frost should be gone.

I started these from seed:
Started 01/21/13:
  • Jelly Bean Hybrid Tomato (2 seedlings)
  • Black Krim Tomato (1 seedling)
  • Black Plum Tomato (2 seedling)
  • Early Girl Hybrid Tomato (2 seedlings)
  • Jubilee Tomato (2 seedlings)
Started 02/13/13:
  • Poblano Pimento Pepper (1 seedling)
  • California Wonder Pepper (2 seedlings)
  • Jalapeno Early (1 seedling)
  • Jalapeno Hot (2 seedlings)
  • Salad Slicer (2 seedlings)
  • Tender Green (2 seedlings)
I purchased these as starts:
  • Serrano Chili Pepper
  • Santa Fe Grande Chilli Pepper
  • Cubanelle Sweet Pepper
  • Phoenix Hybrid Tomato
  • Husky Cherry Red Tomato
  • Super Sweet 100 Tomato
  • Pink Girl Tomato
  • Mexican Tarragon
  • Ichiban Japanese Eggplant
  • Lying Saucer Summer Squash
  • Black Beauty Eggplant (2)
  • Quimalt Strawberries
  • Cilantro (I currently have a pot with seeds, but just in case they don't take, plus when it is gets too hot it bolts)
  • Rainbow Swiss Chard (already planted)
White Dinner Plate Hibiscus.  First time starting these from seed (could not find the actual plant at my local nursery).  Luckily during a Christmas card swap with gardeners in a group I was in last year, these were added to the card.  One plant took and now that is over a month old it looks great.

That little plant above was the only one that made it from about 10 seeds planted and now look her below.  I still plan to do this again, so that eventually, I could have a row of Hibiscus along the side of my house.

What's in the garden:

Amaryllis



Multiplying onions, given to me by a fellow book club member.



Ice King Daffodil

Pride of Barbados

My agave plants that reside on my front porch are doing great.  I am not sure if the stalks that are coming out the center will be flowers or if it is making more spines.  In researching them, I "THINK" mine are americana, I could be totally wrong. 




I am going to try again growing blueberries and blackberries.  Last time I tried, they only fruited a tiny bit, then ants invaded the container they were in, however in looking at them yesterday there are leaves forming, so after I kill off the ants, I will transplant them somewhere else.  In the mean time I planted last month the plants below.



Things seems to be progressing quite well.

Happy Gardening...


5 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails